- Any electronic mail you receive from an employee or representative of Cidel Bank and Trust Inc, (“Cidel”) or any subsidiaries, including any attachments thereto (“the email”), is subject to the Cidel e-mail disclaimer (“disclaimer”) as set out herein.
- The email may contain information which is confidential and private in nature. If you are not the stated addressee (or such person authorized representative) you must –
- notify the sender of this fact immediately by return e-mail, fax or telephone and delete the email from your system;
- refrain from printing, copying, forwarding or otherwise disclosing any information contained in the email or any part thereof; and
- refrain from reading, storing, using, selling or incorporating any information contained in the email into any database or mailing list for whatever reason, including for purposes of spamming or marketing.
Failure to do so may amount to the unlawful interception of a communication, the infringement of copyright and/or the infringement of the right to privacy.
- Neither Cidel, the sender of the email, or any other Cidel representative shall be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatever nature (including without limitation that caused by the corruption or loss of data, damage to software programs and interruption of business operations) resulting directly or indirectly from the transmission of the email (including without limitation any malicious software code or viruses transmitted together with the email or any corruption to or loss of data contained in the email).
- The views and opinions expressed in the email do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Cidel. In particular, no Cidel representative or employee may send:
- unsolicited commercial messages (“spam”)
- messages that infringe any third party’s copyright, trademarks or other rights and interests (“infringing content”) and
- messages containing content that is offensive, derogatory, defamatory or otherwise unlawful (“offensive content”)
If the email constitutes spam, contains infringing content or offensive content, or was otherwise sent for purposes unrelated to the official business of Cidel, Cidel shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatever nature resulting therefrom.
- Cidel reserves the right to read, monitor, access, block, delete, copy or otherwise intercept any email sent in reply to the email.
- Where the time or date on which the email was transmitted is in issue, unless the content thereof expressly provides otherwise, Cidel will be deemed to have-
- sent the email once reflected as “sent” on our mail servers; and
- received an email once reflected as “received” on our mail servers
- The disclaimer shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws and regulation of the country or territory that has the right to exercise jurisdiction over the matter. Jurisdiction of the applicable region shall supersede any terms contained in any email received by Cidel, insofar as these conflict with this disclaimer.